General Anesthesia Instructions
Instructions for patients undergoing local anesthesia or nitrous oxide (laughing gas) sedation: You may have a light meal (oatmeal, cereal, toast with a small glass of juice) 2-4 hours before your scheduled appointment. For patients undergoing Intravenous (IV) and/or General Anesthesia sedation, please see below instructions.
Pre-Operative Instructions for Intravenous (IV) Sedation Patients Only
- Please refrain from eating and drinking for at least 8 hours prior to your appointment. NO WATER, LIQUID OR FOOD OF ANY KIND. Blood pressure and heart medications may be taken at their regular times with a small sip of water (1 ounce) unless specifically prohibited by your doctor
- Please do your best to get plenty of sleep the night before your procedure and refrain from the use of alcohol
- A friend or relative must accompany you to your appointment, stay in the office for the duration of your appointment, drive you home and stay with you during the recovery period (24-hours)
- All minors (under 18 years of age) MUST be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
- Please wear loose fitting clothing, a short-sleeved shirt and flat shoes. Please do NOT wear jewelry, contact lenses, acrylic nails, gel nails or finger nail polish to your appointment.
- If you have any questions with the preparation for your appointment, please call our office at 816-554-8300
After Care Instructions For Oral Surgery Patients
"This place is fantastic. Extremely organized and customer friendly. Dr. Haggerty makes everything easy and was more than willing to listen and respond to my many questions. I couldn't be happier with my experience in using this office and will do so again when I need more work done."
– Steven Twombly