Christopher J. Haggerty, DDS, MD, FACS
Christopher T. Vogel, DDS
Board Certified Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon
Board Eligible Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon
WHAT IS AN
ORAL AND MAXILLOFACIAL SPECIALIST?
An oral and maxillofacial specialist is a surgeon who specializes in surgery of the mouth, jaws, face, head and neck. Oral and maxillofacial surgeons must attend four years of college, four years of dental school, and have a minimum of four years hospital based residency after receiving their dental doctoral degree. During residency, oral and maxillofacial surgeons receive advanced training in disciplines such as general surgery, plastic surgery, medicine, anesthesia and pathology. Oral and maxillofacial surgeons are trained to treat patients in the hospital, outpatient facilities, surgery centers and in private offices.
Some oral and maxillofacial surgeons go on to obtain a medical degree and complete dedicated training in general surgery and other medical surgical specialties during their residency. The practice of oral and maxillofacial surgery includes a variety of procedures, including the removal of impacted teeth, the placement of dental implants, the treatment of traumatic facial injuries, reconstructive oral and facial surgery, surgery for orofacial cancer, TMJ surgery, orthognathic and craniofacial surgery, salivary gland surgery, craniomaxillofacial trauma and facial plastic surgery.
REVIEWSDr Vogel was excellent. He walked us through the whole procedure and my sons recovery was fast. Had daughter's wisdom teeth taken out in June and had no problems so we knew we were in great hands. We were there maybe five minutes before they sent us home. Nurses were also friendly and helpful in both of my kids procedures. The only problem I have is recommending one doctor over the other because they were both great. They both have great bedside manner so you cannot go wrong. ---David Mitchell
- REVIEWSDr. Vogel and the staff were not only professional but friendly and helpful. Our daughter needed an impacted tooth extracted. The staff were able to accommodate us to get this procedure done on the Friday before Christmas. This allowed her to take advantage of a huge opportunity to heal over the Christmas break.----Daniel Cahoon
- REVIEWSI would highly recommend Dr. Haggerty and his staff to everyone! He and his staff were so quick to get me an appointment when I called with a tooth ache. Dr. Haggerty and his staff were so professional, and kind. Had a wonderful experience, and left the office relieved and fully aware of all of the post op instructions!----Sherri Matchell
- REVIEWSHad a broken tooth that had to be pulled and a crown made. The people at Lakewood OMFS were awesome. They explained my options, and worked with me to figure out the best solution. The price was lower than I expected, and all of the procedures were completed as promised, with very little discomfort. I would highly recommend them for any oral procedures that you need.----Robert Stepanek
- REVIEWSI went to Dr. Haggerty for a Dental Implant. He explained the procedure in terms I could understand. He is very thorough and professional. His staff is very friendly and kind. I would definitely recommend Dr. Haggerty if you need a Dental Implant!----Denise Shockey
- REVIEWSHad a wonderful experience today at Lakewood Oral! Dr. Haggerty and his assistants were very professional, and quick with my procedure. Dr. Haggerty reviewed everything he planned to do with my tooth extraction before he started, so I knew exactly what he planned to do. Very kind and gentle doctor. Both him and his assistants gave me a chance to ask all of my questions, and reviewed everything I needed to.----Morgan Mengel
- REVIEWSI had an impacted wisdom tooth that I have been terrified to have removed for many many years. I had a consult with Dr Vogal and he assured me all would go smooth and that I had nothing to worry about. I had the surgery and he was right!!! I took prescription pain pills the first night and did not take again, I also had no swelling at all and little pain. LOVE THEM!!!! The office ladies were fantastic from start to end and even called to check on me for several days. I would highly recommend them!!!----Sheila Pol
- REVIEWSDr. Vogel and staff were so wonderful. My fiance needed his wisdom teeth removed and he absolutely hates the dentist. They made him feel at ease during the process. He was in and out. I would recommend this place, I wish I had my wisdom teeth removed by them. Thanks for all your help.---Karissa Rice
- REVIEWSI went in very concerned after having a bad experience with my son's wisdom teeth at a different practice. But just walking into the office felt different. Very friendly and professional. Dr. Haggerty was very informative and caring which put myself and my daughter at ease. Then when we got home the two calls were a great touch. I have already referred this practice to several friends with teens that need teeth pulled. Great experience.----Darla Zimmerman
- REVIEWSWonderful staff and very patient and kind doctor. Worked us in quickly and very professional. I have already recommended to many friends.----Maddie Carrender
- REVIEWSThis has been the absolute best experience I've had when it comes to removing a tooth. Dr. Haggerty is the BEST ORAL SURGEON EVER!! Everyone in the office is absolutely AMAZING!!!----Nicci Burton
- REVIEWSI had a great experience at Lakewood OMSS. The staff was both friendly and professional. I would recommend this office to my friends.----Abigail Schmidt
- REVIEWSI felt immediately comfortable upon entering this state of the art clinic, everyone was professional and very nice, and Dr Haggerty was terrific. ----lasscall
- REVIEWSMy primary dentist recommended Lakewood and specifically Dr. Haggerty. I am so very pleased with the professionalism and courtesy shown by Dr. Haggerty and his staff. The technical aspects of the procedures were very reassuring and comforting. I would like to let everyone know that I recommend Lakewood and will be letting my family and friends know how satisfied I am with my time spent with these folks. ----Grover Conde
- REVIEWSToday my daughter saw Dr Christopher Vogel, she was very scared to begin with. The office gave her a warmth felling from the front desk, nurses and Dr. and she had a wonderful outcome. She had 4 Wisdom teeth removed. The whole time we were in the recovery they kept checking on her to see if she was doing well. The whole office was very professional. I really appreciate them making this exsperiance a very good one. They called and checked on her after we were home for a few hours. Thanks a lot for your professionalism. ----Dannah Strickland
- REVIEWSI was a little nervous when I went in to see Dr. Haggerty. Him and his staff made sure I was at ease with my procedure. Dr. Haggerty made sure I was numb and that I wouldn't feel anything. Even though it was a tooth extraction and bone graft for a future implant, I didn't feel anything at all. My extraction was relatively painless and I would recommend anyone to Lakewood OMFS. I would recommend anyone to see Dr. Haggerty. ----Daniel Tate
- REVIEWSI had a wonderful experience here last week. I was extremely nervous about having my wisdom teeth extracted, and Dr. Haggerty and his staff made me feel very comfortable. Dr. Haggerty himself explained everything in detail before the procedure. It was quick and easy, and I didn't even have to use any of the pain medicine that was prescribed to me. I would definitely recommend Dr. Haggerty to friends and family. ----Amber Deets
- REVIEWSI was referred to this office through my dentist and was not sure I wanted to go ahead with the procedure because of how afraid I was of complications even thou I knew it was the right thing to do. Dr. Vogel explained everything clearly and I went ahead with the wisdom tooth extraction this last Thursday. Dr. Vogel removed my tooth with injections in my mouth and it was over before I knew it. I had no pain whatsoever! I would definitely recommend Dr. Vogel to others and his staff as well as they were all very kind, understanding and knowledgeable. Four days later and NO pain! ----Deborah Wilson
- REVIEWSThe whole staff is very friendly and professional. I would highly recommend to anyone of my friends and family. Dr. Vogel is awesome! Will be coming back for all my other needs. ---Adam Todd
- REVIEWSMy daughter had her wisdom teeth out yesterday and Dr. Vogel and all the staff was fabulous. The nurses that made the two calls after her surgery were very helpful with my questions and very friendly. ----Mary Kiel
- REVIEWSOur 15 yr old daughter's wisdom teeth were removed today by Dr. Haggerty. Needless to say, she was frightened and nervous. The treatment received by Dr. Haggerty and his team was exceptional! The first thing she said in the post op room was how nice they were to her. Job well done! ----Stephanie Allen
- REVIEWSMy son had all 4 wisdom teeth removed this week by Dr. Vogel. All of the staff were courteous, very professional and timely. My son felt at ease the whole time! Thank you Dr. Vogel and staff for making the experience a good one. ----Colleen Pruetting
- REVIEWSDoctor Haggerty removed 4 impacted wisdom teeth yesterday. His office and staff are truly amazing! They scheduled my appointment very quickly which was wonderful due to the level of pain I was in. Like most people, I have very bad dental anxiety. The doctor and nurses were very calming - from the gentle tones of their voices and being thorough in explanation of steps which furthered my ease through the process. The surgery itself was very quick, and while I am sore today, I can tell the recovery process will go quickly. Plus the staff has called both myself and family a few times to check on how I have been doing through the healing process. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Haggerty and his staff! Thank you all again for such a pleasant experience. ----Jordan Hale
- REVIEWSToday Dr. Haggerty removed all four of my wisdom teeth. I was comforted as each step of the process was explained as we prepared for the procedure. The procedure itself took less than 1 hour, was completely painless and stress-free. I am currently following the recovery protocol and it is way better than I was anticipating, mainly due to the great work of Dr. Haggerty and his team! ----Zach Brady
- REVIEWSI was referred to Dr. Haggery's office for a biopsy. I was extremely nervous since I have never had anything like this done before. Dr. Haggerty and his office were very compassionate and reassuring. I found my self very relaxed and comfortable throughout the entire procedure. The receptionist was even nice enough to call and verify my insurance prior to my appointment! Dr. Haggerty did such a great job, I never felt any pain and the very next day I went to work. I NEVER even took any pain medication!!! ----Sherry A
- REVIEWSMy daughter had her wisdom teeth removed by Dr Haggerty last week. The office is clean and efficient. The entire staff is professional and compassionate. My daughter was very nervous and everyone worked hard to make her more comfortable. Her procedure went well and we were well prepared for every step. Her discharge instructions were very clear and easy to follow. We were given every opportunity to ask questions and get more information. It was obviously a busy office with many patients. I highly recommend Dr Haggerty and his staff. ----Annie Wallace
- REVIEWSMy son had his wisdom teeth out yesterday. We were greeted at the office and didn't have much wait time before we went back to meet with Dr. Haggerty. They took quick x-rays and we met with Dr. Haggerty. He was very polite and explained the process thoroughly. Within 45 minutes, my son was in recovery. An instruction sheet with very clear directions was given to us so we would know what to eat, what activities were okay, what medications to take, etc. The recovery rooms are nice and closely located at a separate entrance. You can drive up to it so your patient doesn't have far to walk. Dr. Haggerty even walked my son to the car! Later in the day, we received a call from the office to see how my son was getting along. ----Bonnie Wagner
- REVIEWSI was referred to Dr. Haggerty's office for a tooth extraction and dental implant. My procedures went great and Dr. Haggerty and his staff were very professional, caring and friendly. Dr. Haggerty was extremely nice and never rushed through any of my questions. I was so pleased with my experience at Lakewood Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery that I have recommended several friends and family members. 5 stars for Dr. Haggerty and his fantastic staff!!! ----Beth
- REVIEWSFrom the second I walked into the door for my first visit to the follow up calls after surgery my experience was nothing short of first class. Dr. Haggerty and his staff made what initially was a personally uncomfortable situation a very seamless process. I would recommend Dr. Haggerty's services to anyone! ----Brent Tiemeyer
- REVIEWSI had my upper wisdom tooth out. Dr Haggerty was very nice and got me super numb. The assistants made me feel very welcomed. Before the procedure the girls checked on me every few mins to make sure I was getting numb as soon as I said that I was very numb Dr Haggerty came in and started the procedure. My tooth came out no issue and NO pain! Once I was home and the numbing was wearing off I didn’t need to take any pain meds because there was no discomfort. I didn’t even fill my pain prescription. I HIGHLY recommend Dr Haggerty and his office! Everyone was amazing! ----Katlyn Waldee
- REVIEWSThis is our second visit to Lakewood OMFS and both times the service has been exceptional. The staff do a wonderful job of taking care of the patient. Dr. Haggerty shows great patience, is very kind and always willing to answer any questions. They all do a great job. We are going back next week for another family member to have wisdom teeth pulled. We would highly recommend Dr. Haggerty! ----Anissa Nelson
- REVIEWSMy regular dentist referred me to Dr. Haggerty for two dental implants (lower back adjacent molars). This was my first experience with this. Dr. Haggerty, Brittany, Shannon and everyone else at Lakewood were exceptionally good at what they do and very professional and friendly. Dr. Haggerty is quite impressive and easy to work with and understand. I would recommend these folks to anyone without reservation. ----Brian Cornelius
- REVIEWSVery pleased with the services of Dr Haggerty and staff. My daughter had 4 wisdom teeth pulled. They were very thorough in their instructions and follow-up. A week later and my daughter is doing great! I recommend Lakewood Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Specialists to every one. ----Michele Cobbett
- REVIEWSI highly recommend this office!! I was very nervous about getting a tooth pulled and as soon as I was greeted at the front desk, it was such a relief. All the girls had smiles on their faces and they were very helpful with filling out paperwork. An assistant brought me to the back and was super nice, she took my x ray and lead me to a big room with a tv. Dr. Haggerty explained the procedure very thoroughly and answered all of my questions before we got started. They even called me later that evening to make sure I was doing okay, which I wasn't expecting at all. If you are very nervous or you just want to go somewhere where they provide quality patient care then this is the place to go:) ---Ashley Foster
- REVIEWSDr. Haggerty performed two emergency surgeries on me, may have saved my life. I find him to be very courteous, very considerate, and very generous with his time. He is truly one of the best! ----Robert Andrew
- REVIEWSA wonderful experience, no one looks forward to having wisdom teeth extracted but Dr. Haggerty did an outstanding job. His staff insured my comfort from the moment I walked in, it was done in a pain free and superbly professional manner. I highly recommend Lakewood Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Specialists, they are the best. ----Ryan Nickell
- REVIEWSMy father has dementia and is 85 years old, and can be very disoriented. Dr Haggerty and all the staff were amazing about being sensitive to my dad’s needs. He had several teeth pulled and i was very nervous. Everything went perfect and he loved all the attention he was given. A huge thank you, to Dr. Haggerty and his team. I will highly recommend you! ----Jeanine Oxford
- REVIEWSOur daughter needed to have 2 teeth extracted in order to get her braces. I knew she was very nervous since she was so young. But Dr. Haggerty and his staff were extremely professional and made the process easy and comfortable. Thank you for such outstanding care! ----Dave Orf
- REVIEWSAwesome experience. Anyone who is even a little anxious about having teeth removed I would recommend coming here. Nurses are fantastic and Dr. Haggerty is amazing and even helped walk me to my car. I was sedated for all 4 wisdom teeth, and they gave me laughing gas right before also. Woke up with nurses around me and kept checking in on me until I was fully awake. ----Tommie Adkison
- REVIEWSHighly Recommended ! Pre- and post-procedure descriptions, explanations and supplemental info - Excellent. Friendly, highly professional and competent personnel. Dr. and staff conveyed, communicated and executed my procedure with a sense of full command of what/how things were to/should be done. My procedure was completed to/beyond my expectations. Scheduled time windows were met. Clean/uncluttered/well-organized facilities. A well run back office. ----Les Clark
- REVIEWSExcellent overall. From the reception desk to Dr. Haggerty himself, this is a class act operation. I am recommending them to all my friends and family! ---Mariah Miller
- REVIEWSThe staff is friendly, makes you feel comfortable, super willing to work with your schedule, and made my wisdom tooth extraction as pleasant as it could be. Awesome experience! ---Emma Plecas
- REVIEWSThis was my first time having any kind of surgery, I had my wisdom teeth removed. Everyone in the office was so great and comforting. Dr. Haggerty did such a great job! I had no pain and very little swelling! ---Jill Person
- REVIEWSMy wisdom teeth were causing me a lot of pain and my friend recommended Dr. Haggerty. I called to schedule my appointment the next day and told them what was going on and they got me in that same week and worked around my work schedule. The morning of my appointment I was very nervous but as soon as I walked in the door I was very relieved to see the friendly, smiling receptionist that greeted me at the front desk. Dr. Haggerty answered all my questions and addressed my concerns before the procedure even. Dr. Haggerty and his staff told me what they were going to do before they did it and before I knew it I was done. They made sure I was recovered before I left to go home and they called to check on me several times. I was very pleased with my experience from the friendly staff to the clean, beautiful office but what impressed me the most was the way they care for their patients. I would recommend Dr. Haggerty to anyone and everyone without any hesitation. ---Antonio Smith
- REVIEWSDr. Christopher Haggerty and his entire staff were FABULOUS! I was concerned about receiving a dental implant. The entire staff was Very Helpful....especially Dr. Haggerty; he explained in detail and answered questions about the implant procedure. At this office, the Entire staff truly Cares about the patient. Even though this doctor is very busy....he schedules several follow-up visits to make sure the implant is going well. I have already recommended Dr. Haggerty to some of my friends! So grateful my friends recommened Dr. Haggerty to me. ---Cindy Smith
- REVIEWSFIVE STARS FOR DR. HAGGERTY AND HIS STAFF I am extremely pleased!! My overall experience with oral surgery has been wonderful. NO PAIN! Each visit to adjust fittings for my beautiful new teeth has been a delight. I highly recommend Dr. Haggerty!!
- REVIEWSI got my first implant, including bone grafting (after 20+ yrs of missing my tooth). Dr. Haggerty and his staff did an excellent job - I highly recommend Lakewood Oral Maxillofacial Surgery Specialist. Thank you Dr. Haggerty and staff and keep up great work!
---Renee - Lee's Summit MO.
REVIEWSThis is my second visit. The Dr. and his staff are very professional and very friendly. The Doctor is knowledgeable and gentle. All options were explained very thoroughly and the Dr. and I concurred on the plan of action. No pushy up-sell. Recent extraction and bone graft procedure went very quickly and without any discomfort.
REVIEWSI had my wisdom teeth extracted last week. The atmosphere of this office is amazing. The people up front were more then helpful with paper work and the nurses in back make you feel so comfortable and truly seem to care about your well being. Dr. Haggerty was very professional and even helped the nurse walk me to my car after the procedure. I highly recommend this office to everyone I know.
- REVIEWSThis is my second kid who had his wisdom teeth extracted at Lakewood OFMS by Dr Haggerty and staff. From initial appointment to treatment plan to filing insurance to the surgical day, this office is as functional as it is professional. If only most businesses ran like this! Having wisdom teeth out may be a pain, but they sure remove as much of the guesswork as possible so you can focus on what you need to: your loved one. Thank you! ---Dawn Privett
- REVIEWSI am extremely pleased!! The attentiveness and overall concern of Dr. Haggerty and his staff is amazing! I will be referring any and everyone I know to Dr. Haggerty. It's crazy hard to find a good Oral Surgeon who places bedside manner above all his experience and expertiese. I highly recommend Dr. Haggerty!!
- REVIEWSI had the best day ever with Dr. Haggerty and his staff. when his assistant brought me back, she took a quick xray and showed me to the exam room which had a very comfortable chair and a TV. I almost forgot I was there to have my wisdom teeth out! Dr. Haggerty answered all of my questions clearly and explained every step before he did anything.
- REVIEWSThe office is very beautiful. I was greeted by very friendly staff and treated with great care by Dr. Haggerty. I recommend them to anyone needing a tooth pulled or an implant!
- REVIEWSLakewood Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Specialists with Christopher J. Haggerty,. DDS., M.D. Reason for Visit: 3rd molar extraction Pros: Contemporary, Professional, Clean, Timely, and Available. Thank you!
- REVIEWSI've never been to an oral surgeon other than Dr. Haggerty before, but I can say with confidence that they could probably be one of the best ones in the Kansas City area. I had to have 6 teeth pulled to accommodate room for orthodontic treatment and since there were so many teeth being pulled at once, I opted for general anesthesia. All of the staff went out of their way to make me feel as comfortable as possible and to ease my nerves. They did a fabulous job. Dr. Haggerty was very friendly as well. ---Vikki Dyer
- REVIEWSI had all four wisdom teeth extracted by Dr. Haggerty. He and his staff were great! They were so helpful, caring, and my overall experience was a good one. My nurse was Amber and she was so full of information and I really felt like she cared for my wellbeing! I would go back to Lakewood Oral in a heartbeat!
- REVIEWSDr. Chris Haggerty and his staff are so friendly and professional. Getting my wisdom teeth removed was actually a pain free experience.
- REVIEWSI had an impacted wisdom tooth removed in October and the process could not have been any smoother! Dr Haggerty and his staff make you feel at ease the second that you walk into their office. I was VERY nervous about the procedure, but they have a process in place with proper sedation to make you at ease
- REVIEWSI went to the office to have a tooth pulled, the staff was awesome, they did everything to make sure i was comfortable. I needed 2 teeth pulled but with my insurance only allowed one. Dr. Haggerty was extremely professional and asked about the other tooth and told me we would take it out for me anyway. Not many people do things for other people anymore and I was very grateful and very thankful for him to do this for me. If you are checking reviews for this office, believe me they will take care of you. I highly recommend it. ---Louise Giles